Our core team has combined experience of more than 40 years of implementing both research and consultancy activities in the following disciplines:
- Applicaton of particpatory rapid appraisal and other diagnostic techniques to the characterisation of farming systems;
- Design, implementation and interpretation of static and dynamic surveys;
- Analysis of the contributions of the agronomy and physiology of field and plantation crops to sustainable development;
- Characterisation and analysis of livestock production systems and their interactions with other components of rural and urban livelihoods;
- Implications of feeding strategies for ruminant and non-ruminant livestock for income generation and crop-livestock integration;
- Development of simulation models to support the analysis of farming systems;
- Design, development and testing of computerised and paper-based decision support tools for farmers, extension services and policy makers;
- Web design and internet programming.
Browse the Project Profiles section for more detailed information on these activities.